Denied Disability Benefits in Cincinnati?
You can appeal! Let us help you.
Appealing your Social Security disability claim denial is often the most important part of your entire claim. Don’t be upset if you were denied. Social Security denies the majority of claimants the first time they apply.
Our experienced disability appeal lawyers know the system, and will handle your appeal. Best of all, you pay no fees unless you win disability benefits. If you live in Cincinnati and were denied disability, fill out the form for a free consultation of your claim.
Need more information? Get the answers below.
Learn more about appealing your denied Social Security Disability benefits claim in Cincinnati. Click on a question below to get the answer.
How will Levine Benjamin help me successfully appeal?
- analyze your Social Security file
- prepare your case and set the strategy
- gather additional evidence from your doctors and medical providers
- make legal arguments, prepare your testimony
- question witnesses (for your side)
- cross-examine any medical and vocational experts who testify at your hearing
- appeal your case on the federal level if necessary
How does the Social Security Administration determine if I'm disabled?
The Social Security Administration determines whether you're disabled by reviewing your medical and employer records. Often these records extend back a year or more, so it's important to start gathering documentation well ahead of any appeals or hearings. Because doctors don't always know what legally constitutes a disability, we make sure they describe and present your information in a way that makes sense to the Social Security Administration. At the Levine Benjamin Law Firm, we'll help you collect, organize and evaluate your records to maximize your chance of success.
How can I find out if my medical condition qualifies for disability benefits?
While the Social Security Administration maintains a list of qualifying conditions, almost any condition that keeps you from working will qualify for Social Security disability benefits under the Social Security rules. We arrange a FREE evaluation of your claim to find out if you qualify for Disability benefits, so contact us today!
What are the biggest mistakes that get people denied for Social Security Disability benefits?
- Failing to Hire a Lawyer can be a costly mistake. The Social Security Administration rejects most initial claims, but eventually approves most of those represented by counsel.
- Waiting Too Long to File—Delays tend to lessen your chances of winning benefits.
- Application Errors—Your disability application should be filled out carefully and should include your recent work history, salary information, and other relevant details. Minor errors often lead to applications being rejected.
- Insufficient Proof—Be sure to visit your doctor regularly and maintain a record of the hospital visits and problems you encounter day to day. You should also keep track of all expenses related to your disability. These records will serve as proof to substantiate your claim.
- Starting Over—If your initial Disability claim is rejected, you should appeal the decision immediately. Many people make the mistake of filing a fresh application, which only causes delay.
How can I improve my chances of winning my Social Security disability claim?
First, be honest and thorough when reporting your condition to Social Security. People are sometimes embarrassed to report psychological difficulties or learning disabilities, even though both can be important factors in receiving benefits. A lawyer can also vastly improve your chances; Social Security's own numbers show that that people with legal counsel are much more likely to win benefits. Call our office. We'd be happy to talk.
If you've been denied Social Security Disability Benefits in Cincinnati, don’t be discouraged! Contact the experienced Cincinnati disability attorneys at the Levine Benjamin Law Firm today!
More people win disability benefits with legal help than when they try to win benefits on their own, so it's important to contact us today!