Traverse City Disability Attorneys
When you live in Traverse City and you get hit with injuries or other health problems that lead to money problems, it’s hard. Maybe you worked in Traverse City’s tourism, hotel and hospitality industry or another local job. Now you’re worried about where your life is headed.
But all these benefits have their own complicated legal procedures. They can be difficult to get.
The lawyers from Levine Benjamin Law Firm can help. We take time to personally understand your health impairments and your case for benefits. If you have a Social Security Disability case, we’ll even help with your initial application.
Levine Benjamin has helped more than 50,000 people—hardworking people and military veterans—win disability benefits since 1964. We’re the largest Social Security Disability law firm in Michigan. We’re proud to help people in Traverse City and across Northwest Michigan.
From applying to appealing, we help you every step of the way.
What would you like to do?
You and your case can benefit from the experience of the local disability attorneys at Levine Benjamin.
Why You Should Get a Michigan Attorney
You might run across some national law firms that send people in to handle your case.
But when you live in Traverse City or Northwest Michigan, you want a Michigan lawyer.
- We know the local doctors you’ll need to see for your claim.
- We know the local Social Security offices.
- We know the employers and long-term disability insurers in our area.
- Workers’ comp rules vary from state to state, and we know Michigan workers’ comp.
- We treat you like our neighbor—because you are.
No matter the type of case you have, at Levine Benjamin, we’ll evaluate your situation for FREE.
The disability attorneys at Levine Benjamin know the local legal system and the local resources available to you.
Michigan Disability Judges Are Tough
When your Social Security Disability case goes to the level of a hearing with a judge, you’re up against a difficult system.
Numbers from early 2018 showed how tough the judges can be:
- It took an average of 19 months to get a hearing with a Michigan judge.
- Michigan judges approved benefits 50% of the time.
- Judges in Mount Pleasant who handle cases from Traverse City only approved benefits 38% of the time.
- With so many people getting turned down, it makes sense to get an experienced law firm to help you apply or appeal for disability benefits. And no firm in Michigan is bigger or more experienced in Social Security Disability cases than Levine Benjamin.
Statistics from Social Security have even shown that you’re more likely to win disability benefits when you have a lawyer.
If you live in Traverse or anywhere in Northwest Michigan, and you can’t work, call Levine Benjamin. We’d like to help.