Social Security Disability Lawyers in Detroit, Michigan
When you live in Detroit and you struggle with injuries or other health problems that lead to money problems, it’s hard. Maybe you worked in Detroit’s manufacturing industry. Maybe you’re a military veteran. Now you’re worried about where your life is headed.
But all these benefits have their own complicated legal procedures. They can be difficult to get.
The lawyers from Levine Benjamin Law Firm can help. We take time to personally understand your health impairments and your case for benefits. If you have a Social Security Disability case, we’ll even help with your initial application.
Levine Benjamin has helped more than 50,000 people win disability benefits since we were founded in Detroit in 1964. We’re the largest Social Security Disability law firm in Michigan.
From applying to appealing, we help you every step of the way.
What would you like to do?
You and your case can benefit from the experience of the local Detroit disability lawyers at Levine Benjamin.
Why You Should Get a Detroit Attorney
You might run across some big, out-of-town law firms that send people in to handle your case.
But when you live in Detroit, you want a Detroit lawyer.
- We know the local doctors you’ll need to see for your claim.
- We know the local Social Security offices.
- We know the employers and long-term disability insurers in our area.
- Workers’ comp varies by state, and we know the local system.
- We treat you like our neighbor—because you are.
Not only was Levine Benjamin founded in Detroit, four of our six partners went to law school in Detroit.
No matter the type of case you have, at Levine Benjamin, we’ll evaluate your situation for FREE.
The Detroit disability lawyers at Levine Benjamin know the local legal system and the local resources available to you.
Detroit Disability Judges Are Tough
When your Social Security Disability case goes to the level of a hearing with a judge, you’re up against a difficult system.
Numbers from early 2018 show how tough the judges can be:
- It took an average of 19 months to get a hearing with a Michigan judge.
- Michigan judges approved benefits 50% of the time.
- Judges in Detroit only approved benefits 44% of the time.
- Judges in Oak Park only approved benefits 52% of the time.
- Judges in Livonia only approved benefits 50% of the time.
With so many people getting turned down, it makes sense to get an experienced law firm to help you apply or appeal for disability benefits. And no firm in Michigan is bigger and more experienced in Social Security Disability cases than Levine Benjamin.
Statistics from Social Security have even shown that you’re more likely to win disability benefits when you have a lawyer.
If you live in Detroit or anywhere in the Detroit Metro area, and you can’t work, call Levine Benjamin. We’d like to help.